Sunday, November 23, 2014

Kidsperation


Here is a chart that I made using a software program called KidsperationKidsperation is a tool specifically designed for students in kindergarten through fifth grade which helps you to arrange your curriculum content in such a way as to be very graphically and visually appealing to my students.  I think that Kidsperation would be particularly effective for my special needs students .  Kidsperation allows the student to use a text-to-speech feature that will support my students facing challenging in learning printed text.  I can use built-in symbols and pictures to help create visual supports such as PECS.  I can also use it to build storyboards to help children visual the sequence in an orally presented story.  I think it would be fun to create a storyboard together.  It also allows teachers to group information visually using a mind map.  In my admissions placement at the Early Childhood Center at NKU, the teachers often created mind-maps to visually document the children’s interests as shared during morning meeting.  As you can see, I used it to build a sequence to help my future students understand what to expect in their daily routine and to more easily transition from task to task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment