Monday, March 30, 2015

Do Rock the Boat


Project Overboard update.  I am learning about the Project Approach, and our project exploration involves boats. As you may recall from earlier posts, things don't always go well.  However, I am pleased to report I've finally hit a winner.  I attempted to simulate the rocking motion of a boat by placing a large box on top of an air mattress and having the children get in.  I also used this to incorporate a history lesson.  "When our ancestors came to America from Europe in a big boat, what did they bring?"  Teddy bears, blankets, a comic book, and a pop-gun, apparently.  But they loved it.  My next step will be to do the giant field trip where they get to explore an actual boat. Then maybe we can make this box look more boat like as we play with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment